If you are a cancer survivor or suffering through the same disease, your pre-existing or underlying medical condition can imply a great chance for critical problems if you get exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 or the novel coronavirus. Cancer treatments like chemotherapy tend to weaken your immunity system. Moreover, the disease of cancer comes accompanied by other health concerns such as stress, nausea and sleep problems and these factors can also affect the immune system. As per the WHO guidelines, a person with weak resistance power makes a person vulnerable to fight the COVID-19 disease. It further can make your life endangered with critical life-threatening situations.
Some Healthy Tips To Lower The Risk of COVID-19
The best thing to avoid the critical condition of COVID-19 is that cancer patients or survivors keep themselves protected from the exposure of the novel Coronavirus. Here are some effective tips-
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid public gathering and crowded areas
- Practise quarantine
- Wear protective gears- masks, hair cap, gloves and shoe covers.
- Use tissue while coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands frequently and use sanitizers that have at least 70% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Keep decent hygiene at your place.
- Don't go near to the person who is sick or showing symptoms.
- Keep your cancer medicines ready and stay in touch with your doctor.
- To avoid getting out of your house, choose the convenience of home delivery of essential products like grocery and medicines.
WHO keeps alerting people with the latest news regarding the COVID-19 disease. Every person. especially cancer patients or cancer survivors must follow the guidelines to ensure maximum safety. Try eating healthy foods and do exercise at home to strengthen your immunity. Obey your doctor's instructions and take prescribed medicine accordingly on time.